About University of Venda, UNIVEN
The University of Venda, situated in Thohoyandou in the scenic Vhembe district of the Limpopo Province of South Africa was established in 1982. The university has ever experienced tremendous growth and change. From its early years, staff members were drawn from various backgrounds in South Africa but by 1994 staff members were increasingly recruited from other African countries and overseas.
The presence on campus of staff from diverse backgrounds created a unique atmosphere and a fertile environment for new ideas and a capacity for change.
During this time the institution remained a traditional university that offered a full-range of courses straddling the humanities, social sciences, natural and applied sciences.
The University comprises numerous faculties, schools, colleges and departments.
Find the list of Faculties and or colleges available at the university (UNIVEN)
- The University of Venda offers programmes in the following faculties
MANAGEMENT AND COMMERCE DEPARTMENTS
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Economics
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Human Resource Management and Labour Relations
- Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Department of Business Information Systems
- Department of Food Science and Technology
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Plant and Soil Sciences
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
- Department of Forestry
NATURAL AND MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES DEPARTMENTS
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Department of Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Department of Geography and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Science Foundation
ENGINEERING AND THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT DEPARTMENTS
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
- Department of Agricultural and Rural Engineering
- School of Engineering and Built Environment
The Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences and Education houses the following disciplines, Anthropology, Education, Gender Studies, Languages and Literature, Language Practice, Media Studies, Music, History, Political Sciences, International Relations, Theology, Religious Studies, Sociology, Youth Studies, Indigenous Knowledge Systems and Social Work.
- Health Care Science Department
- Public Health Science Department
University Contact Details
UNIVEN Contact details
For various queries that involve admission, student help, the fee structure, courses and requirements at the UNIVEN you can use the following contact details and information.
- University of Venda
University Road Thohoyandou, Limpopo, 0950
- Postal Address
Private Bag X5050
Thohoyandou, Limpopo, 0950
- GPS Coordinates: Latitude -22,9757 / Longitude 30,4444
- Telephone: +27 15 962 8000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL OTHER GENERAL ENQUIRIES: SWITCH-BOARD:
- Tel: +27 15 962 8000
- ALL APPLICATION ENQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO STUDENT ADMINISTRATION:
Tel: +2715 962 8882 / +2715 962 8953 / +2715 962 8954 / +2715 962 8983.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- ENQUIRIES ABOUT FINANCIAL AID:
Contact Tel +2715962 8421 / 8665
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- ENQUIRIES ABOUT STUDENT ACCOMMODATION:
Tel: 015 962 8164 / 8380 / 9222
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- INFORMATION RELATING TO SPECIFIC PROGRAMMES AND SCHOOLS:
- School of Agriculture – Tel +27 15 962 8880
- Environmental Sciences – Tel +27 15 962 9221
- School of Human & Social Sciences – Tel +27 15 962 8969
- School of Health Sciences – Tel +27 15 962 8942
- School of Mathematical & Natural Sciences – Tel +27 15 962 8881
- School of Management Sciences – Tel +27 15 962 8869
- School of Law – Tel +27 15 962 8948
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Education – Tel +27 15 962 8888
- GENERAL STUDENT RECRUITMENT AND CAREERS EXHIBITIONS INVITATIONS:
- Contact Tel +27 15 962 8339 / 9139
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
University Admission Requirements
University of Venda, UNIVEN Courses and Requirements
To secure admission at the UNIVEN prospective students must meet the University admission requirements for the specific academic year. The following are the admission requirements for admission at UNIVEN
The minimum admission requirement is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by the Council for General and Further Education and Training (Umalusi) with an achievement rating of 4 (adequate achievement, 50-59%) or better in four subjects chosen from the recognized 20-credit NSC subjects.
In addition, applicants must have a minimum point score of 26. A grade 12 certificate with a bachelor or matric exemption is required if grade 12 has been achieved.
The minimum admission requirement is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 3 (moderate achievement, 40-49%) or better in four recognized NSC 20-credit subjects.
The minimum admission requirement is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi.
University of Venda Prospectus (UNIVEN Prospectus Pdf Download)
UNIVEN Prospectus comprises the list of courses, course information, campus facilities, accommodation, fees, financial support or bursaries, entry requirements and all admission application information to guide you through the UNIVEN admission process.
University Fees structure
Fees structure – UNIVEN Fees structure
If you are looking for the UNIVEN Fee structure, this information is quite helpful and can be used positively.
- Visit the UNIVEN webpage at:https://www.univen.ac.za/students/study-fees/
- Navigate to the UNIVEN Fees structure Page
- Upon successfully visiting the page you will find Fee structure details as per your requirements.
- Access the UNIVEN Fees and or download the fees brochure on your device for reference
University Student Portal
Accessing UNIVEN Student Portal
The UNIVEN student portal provides an engaging student experience with a single point of access to all applications, information, and content necessary for university studies.
How to access/login to the UNIVEN student portal | My Access
- Open your internet browser e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Go to:https://www.univen.ac.za/myaccess/
- Then log in with your username and password
- Once logged in, you will be able to perform any of the academic activities.
How to Recover Your UNIVEN Student Portal Forgotten Password?
- To reset your password, submit your username or your email address. If you are found in the database, an email will be sent to your email address, with instructions on how to get access again through https://www.univen.ac.za/news/forgot-your-student-number-or-myaccess-pin/.
University admission- Online application
UNIVEN Online application
To complete your UNIVEN online applications please follow the following application procedures:
- Visit the UNIVEN website and click on the Admission > Apply for Admission
- Online Registration; Fill in your Information To register.
- Upload supporting documents; everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and UNIVEN students starting a new qualification).
- UNIVEN Application fee payments (Note some universities do not charge application fees)
- Submit your completed application: To complete the application; the applicant is required to complete all steps related to the UNIVEN application process.
When to apply at UNIVEN – UNIVEN application dates
Applications open between July and close around December every year. Please try to submit your application as soon as possible. Because some Universities do not consider late applications.
University Application status
UNIVEN Application status
When the UNIVEN update your application, you will receive email communication. Please Keep on monitoring your email account closely for updates. You can also check your status online with the log-in credentials that were provided after your application. Keep in mind that some universities do not disclose your application status telephonically.
To check the progress of your application through the UNIVEN online application portal follow these easy steps:
- Go to: https://www.univen.ac.za/check-application-status/
- Fill in the username and password then submit
- Upon successful login to the application portal, you will be able to see your application status (i.e. Pending Review, Requires Action, Complete, Undergraduate Admission Decisions, Pending, Admitted, Cleared Provisional, Admission, Ineligible, Quota Filled Not Selected or Cancelled).
University Admission offers
How to accept UNIVEN admission offer
After a successful application, you will receive an admission offer from the University of Venda , to accept your UNIVEN offer of admission, log in to the UNIVEN Online application tool and select the “Confirm” tab. You must respond by the expiry date noted in your offer
- To accept the UNIVEN offer visit UNIVEN Registration >> then navigate to “OFFER” and follow the instructions provided in the admission offer by the university.
University Semester Exam Results
Check your UNIVEN semester Results
University of Venda Website