About University of Limpopo, UL
The University of Limpopo is a university in the Limpopo Province, South Africa. It was formed on 1 January 2005, by the merger of the University of the North and the Medical University of South Africa. These previous institutions formed the Turfloop and MEDUNSA campuses of the university, respectively.
The University of Limpopo is the result of a merger between the former Medical University of Southern Africa and the University of the North, which merger occurred on 01 January 2005.
The Medical University of Southern Africa (MEDUNSA) was established in 1976 to provide tertiary education and training facilities to the educationally disadvantaged in the fields of Medicine, Allied Health and Nursing Sciences, and Dentistry intended to meet the health needs of the country.
The Campus is situated to the north-west of Pretoria. Its grounds extend over some 350 ha adjoining the Ga-Rankuwa Township and are easily accessible by roads and rail. Regular bus and taxi services operate between Pretoria and Dr George Mukhari Hospital as well as between Mabopane and Medunsa.
The extension of University Education Act of 1959 made provision for the establishment of racially exclusive universities for black South Africans. Under the provisions of the Act, the University College of the North was established about thirty kilometres from the Limpopo Province town of Polokwane on 01 August 1959. The College was placed under the academic trusteeship of the University of South Africa. This formative relationship was maintained until the South African Parliament promulgated the University of the North Act (Act No. 47 of 1969) thus bringing to an end the College status as of 01 January 1970.
The University comprises numerous faculties, schools, colleges and departments. Find the list of Faculties and or colleges available at the university (UL)
University Contact Details
UL Contact details
For various queries that involve admission, student help, the fee structure, courses and requirements at the UL you can use the following contact details and information.
Postal : Private Bag X1106, Sovenga, 0727
Physical: Cnr R71 Tzaneen Road & University Street, Mankweng Township, Polokwane, Sovenga, 0727
Tel: 015 268 9111
Fax: 015 267 0152 / 015 268 3118
University of Limpopo Admission Requirements
University of Limpopo, UL Courses and Requirements
To secure admission at the UL prospective students must meet the University admission requirements for the specific academic year. The following are the admission requirements for admission at UL.
Courses and Programmes Offered at University of Limpopo, UL
FACULTY OF HEALTH
- Bachelor Of Phar-macy
- Bachelor Of Dietician
- Bachelor Of Nursing
- Bachelor Of Optometry
- Bachelor Of Medical Science
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
- Pgce (Postgraduate Certificate (Economics))
- Pgce (Postgraduate Certificate (Math Science And Technology))
- (Postgraduate Certificate (Social Science))
- Pgce (Postgraduate Certificate (Language))
- (Postgraduate Certificate (Information Studies))
- Bachelor Of Arts Media Studies (Extended Degree Programme)
- Bachelor Of Information Studies
- Bachelor Of Arts Media Studies
- Bachelor of Arts Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts Social Work
- Bachelor Of Arts Criminology And Psychology
- Bachelor Of Arts Cultural Studies
- Bachelor Of Arts Political Studies
- Bachelor Of Arts Sociology
- Bachelor Of Arts Performing Arts
- Bachelor Of Arts Translation And Linguistics.
- Bachelor Of Arts Languages
- Bachelor Of Arts Criminology And Psychology (Extended Degree)
- Bachelor Of Arts In Contemporary English And Multilingual Studies
- Bachelor Of Arts Communication Studies
- Bachelor Of Education Maths Science And Technology
- Bachelor Of Education Economics And Management Science
- Bachelor Of Education Languages And Social Science.
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND LAW
- Bachelor Of Commerce (Accounting (Extended Degree))
- Bachelor Of Commerce: Business Management (Extended Degree)
- Bachelor Of Commerce: Human Resources Management (Extended Degree)
- Bachelor Of Commerce: Economics Management (Extended Degree)
- Bachelor Of Law (Extended Degree)
- Bachelor Of Accounting Sciences
- Bachelor Of Business Administration
- Bachelor Of Administration In Local Government
- Bachelor Of Commerce: Accounting
- Bachelor Of Commerce: Business Management
- Bachelor Of Commerce: Human Resources
- Bachelor Of Commerce: Economics Management
- Bachelor Of Development Planning And Management
- Bachelor Of Law
FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND AGRICULTURE
- BSc Life Science (Extended Degree Programme)
- BSc Mathematical Science (Extended Degree Programme)
- BSc Physical Science (Extended Degree Programme)
- BSc Animal Production
- BSc Agricultural Economics
- BSc Agricultural Management
- BSc Plant Production (Agronomy)
- BSc Plant Production (Pasture Science)
- BSc Plant Production (Horticulture)
- BSc Soil Science
- BSc Life Science
- BSc Mathematical Sciences
- BSc Physical Science
- BSc Environment & Resource
- BSc Geology
- Bss Bcwss
University of Limpopo Prospectus (UL Prospectus Pdf Download)
UL Prospectus comprises the list of courses, course information, campus facilities, accommodation, fees, financial support or bursaries, entry requirements and all admission application information to guide you through the UL admission process.
University Fees structure
Fees structure – UL Fees structure
If you are looking for the UL Fees structure, this information is quite helpful and can be used positively.
- Visit the UL webpage at: https://www.ul.ac.za/index.php?Entity=Fees
- Navigate to the UL Fees structure Page
- Upon successfully visiting the page you will find Fee structure details as per your requirements.
- Access the UL Fees and or download the fees brochure on your device for reference
University Student Portal
Accessing UL Student Portal
The UL student portal provides an engaging student experience with a single point of access to all applications, information, and content necessary for university studies.
How to access/login to the UL student portal
- Open your internet browser e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Go to: UL ITS Web Interface
- Then log in with your username and password
- Once logged in, you will be able to perform any of the academic activities.
How to Recover Your UL Student Portal Forgotten Password?
- To reset your password, submit your username or your email address. If you are found in the database, an email will be sent to your email address, with instructions on how to get access again.
University admission- Online application
UL Online application
To complete your UL online application please follow the following application procedures:
- Visit the UL website and click on the Admission > Apply for Admission
- Online Registration; Fill in your Information To register.
- Upload supporting documents; Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and UL students starting a new qualification).
- UL Application fee payments (Note some universities do not charge application fees)
- Submit your completed application: To complete the application; the applicant is required to complete all steps related to the UL application process.
When to apply at UL – UL application dates
Applications open between May and close around August every year. Please try to submit your application as soon as possible. Because some Universities do not consider late applications.
University Application status
UL Application status
When the UL updates your application, you will receive email communication. Please Keep on monitoring your email account closely for updates. You can also check your status online with the log-in credentials that were provided after your application. Keep in mind that some universities do not disclose your application status telephonically.
To check the progress of your application through the UL Online application portal follow these easy steps:
- Go to: UL Application Portal
- Fill in the username and password then submit
- Upon successful login to the application portal, you will be able to see your application status (i.e. Pending Review, Requires Action, Complete, Undergraduate Admission Decisions, Pending, Admitted, Cleared Provisional, Admission, Ineligible, Quota Filled Not Selected or Cancelled).
University Admission offers
How to accept UL admission offer
After a successful application, you will receive an admission offer from the University of Limpopo, to accept your UL offer of admission, log in to the UL Online application tool and select the “Confirm” tab. You must respond by the expiry date noted in your offer
- To accept the UL offer visit UL portal>> then navigate to “OFFER” and follow the instructions provided in the admission offer by the university.
University Semester Exam Results
Check your UL semester Results
Checking UL, Semester exam results can be done through visiting the official UL website or logging in into the student’s portal through the Student portal then click on the Results tab
University of Limpopo Website