- Click on the ‘Apply’ tab: ID number, name(s), surname, cell number and email address will be pre-populated. This information is taken from your profile registration. You will then fill in the rest of the required fields.
- Upload the relevant supporting documents: Agree to the terms and conditions by ticking the box and click ‘submit’.
Once your application is submitted, an Application Reference Number is sent to your email and cellphone.
Once you have submitted your NSFAS application, you can track your application status by logging into your myNSFAS account!
Types of messages to applicants if validation with the Department of Home Affairs is not completed.
Unverified profile Scenario: Applicant can create a myNSFAS account but DHA is down. First SMS: Your myNSFAS account has been created. We are unable to verify your details right now. You will receive an SMS once verified. You may then apply for funding. NSFAS Follow- up SMS depending on the verification results:
- Account creation complete SMS– Your myNSFAS account has been verified. Click https://bit.ly/3hE6fpC to complete account registration & apply for funding, if you have not applied yet. NSFAS
- Account creation mismatch SMS – The ID number provided does not match your names/surname. Please register a new myNSFAS account at www.nsfas.org.za. NSFAS or
- ID number deceased SMS: The ID number provided is recorded as deceased by the Department of Home Affairs. Contact the department to rectify & then apply for NSFAS before 30 November. NSFAS
Submitted unverified application: Scenario: Applicant has submitted an application but DHA is down First SMS: Dear applicant, we have received your application. You will receive a notification once your details are verified. Your ref number is OAXXXXXXX. NSFAS Follow- up SMS depending on the verification results:
- Verification completed successfully SMS: Dear applicant, your details have been verified. You may now track your application progress through your myNSFAS account at www.nsfas.org.za. NSFAS
- Application mismatch SMS: The ID number, names & or surname do not match on your application. Log into your myNSFAS account to update your personal details at www.nsfas.org.za. NSFAS
- ID number deceased SMS: The ID number on your NSFAS application is recorded as deceased by the Department of Home Affairs. Contact the department to rectify & then submit an NSFAS appeal. NSFAS
What if the student has forgotten their old username, password, and cellphone number? How do they reset their NSFAS profile?
Follow the below steps to reset your myNSFAS login details:
STEP 1 – Go to: www.nsfas.org.za, click on ‘myNSFAS’ and then select ‘forgot password. STEP 2 – Type in your ID number and choose what you require help with: password or username or both, then click ‘submit’.
STEP 3 – The username and the link to change your password will be sent via SMS and email.
STEP 4 – Open the link to be redirected to the reset password page. STEP 5 – Reset your password by following the prompts on your screen.