About North West University, NWU
The NWU is committed to functioning as a unitary, integrated, multi-campus university that enables equity, redress and globally competitive teaching and research across all three of our campuses. Our core activities, teaching-learning and research, are intertwined with community engagement and innovation in our eight faculties, most of which serve both distance and contact students.
The NWU offers more than just an education: we offer people a place in the world. Academically, students benefit from great choice and flexibility, enabling them to fulfil their potential and start preparing for their careers.
Through collaboration with other universities and institutions internationally, we are part of the global higher education community. Our internationalisation activities include student and staff exchange and cooperation in academic, research, cultural and sports matters.
As we like to say in our University Anthem: “where the willow trees grow and the thorn tree spreads its shade, there you will grow in knowledge…”
The University comprises numerous faculties, schools, colleges and departments.
Find the list of Faculties and or colleges available at the university (NWU)
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
University Contact Details
NWU Contact details
For various queries that involve admission, student help, the fee structure, courses and requirements at the NWU you can use the following contact details and information.
Private Bag X1290
The Office of the Registrar
11 Hoffman Street
(+27 18) 299-1111
(+27 18) 299-2222
More contacts details at: https://www.nwu.ac.za/content/nwu-contact-details
University Admission Requirements
North West University, NWU Courses and Requirements
Please note that the below admission requirements are subject to change pending selection and possible faculty-specific requirements.
Study information is subject to change and is a summary of the general fields of study. This information was compiled for introduction and orientation purposes and the North-West University accepts no liability for inaccuracies that may occur in this guide. The official yearbook of the University must in all cases be consulted during the process of compiling a programme for a specific field of study. The appropriate yearbook is available on request at: email@example.com / 018 285 4320 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that, owing to specific capacity constraints, the University reserves the right to select candidates for admission to certain fields of study. This means that prospective students who comply with the minimum requirements will not automatically be admitted to the courses in question. Because of the capacity limitations and the high demand from students for admission to particular fields of study, students will be selected on the basis of their Grade 12 results for admission to these fields.
To secure admission at the NWU prospective students must meet the University admission requirements for the specific academic year. The following are the admission requirements for admission at NWU.
All universities in South Africa were obligated by law to take part in a National Project driven by the regulatory bodies (Department of Higher Education an Training (DHET), the Council on Higher Education (CHE) and the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), to align all qualifications with the Higher Education Qualification Sub Framework (HEQSF). The NWU is thus currently in an ongoing process of aligning our qualification and programme offering with the requirements of the HEQSF.
Prospective students must take notice of the fact that NWU qualification names, programme names as well as the composition of curricula may change due to the HEQSF Project, prior to registration for the 2018 academic year.
Successful candidates are advised to contact the relevant faculty in order to ensure that they register for the correct qualification, programme and /or curriculum.
Courses and Programmes Offered at North West University, NWU
- Accounting Sciences
- Business & Governance (Business School)
- Economic Sciences
- Industrial Psychology and Human Resource Management
- Management Sciences
- Language Education
- Psycho-Social Education
- Professional Studies in Education
- Mathematics, Science and Technology Education
- Commerce and Social Studies in Education
- Chemical and Minerals Engineering
- Electrical, ELectronic and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Human Movement Sciences
- Psychosocial Health
- Consumer Sciences
- Occupational Hygiene
- Physical and Chemical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Geo- and Spatial Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Computer Sciences and Information Systems
- Business Mathematics and Informatics
North West University Prospectus (NWU Prospectus Pdf Download)
NWU Prospectus comprises the list of courses, course information, campus facilities, accommodation, fees, financial support or bursaries, entry requirements and all admission application information to guide you through the NWU admission process.
University Fees structure
Fees structure – NWU Fees structure
All students must be registered annually as provided in the General Academic Rules, the Statute of the North-West University and the relevant provisions of the Higher Education Act.
Annually, more or less at the beginning of February, it is Registration time for students.
Ease your registration next year by paying your minimum payable fees early (December or January) into the University’s bank account. Also make sure your outstanding University account is fully settled, because you will not be permitted to register for next year if any fees for the year are still outstanding. Also take note that no respite will be granted for payment of the minimum fees payable.
International students must pay the full amount for their proposed study and relevant costs in advance before registration can be finalised.
If you are looking for the NWU Fees structure, this information is quite helpful and can be used positively.
- Visit the NWU webpage at: https://www.nwu.ac.za/
- Navigate to the NWU Fees structure Page
- Upon successfully visiting the page you will find Fee structure details as per your requirements.
- Access the NWU Fees and or download the fees brochure on your device for reference
University Student Portal
Accessing NWU Student Portal
The NWU student portal provides an engaging student experience with a single point of access to all applications, information, and content necessary for university studies.
How to access/login to the NWU student portal | eFundi | NWU VSS-AAA
- Open your internet browser e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Go to NWU student portal Login: https://my.nwu.edu.ph/students
- Visit NWU eFundi; https://efundi.nwu.ac.za/portal/
- Go to NWU VSS-AAA: https://vssweb.nwu.ac.za/
- Then log in with your username and password
- Once logged in, you will be able to perform any of the academic activities.
How to Recover Your NWU Student Portal Forgotten Password?
- To reset your password, submit your username or your email address. If you are found in the database, an email will be sent to your email address, with instructions on how to get access again.
University admission- Online application
NWU Online application
To complete your NWU online application please follow the following application procedures:
- Visit the NWU website and click on the Admission > Apply for Admission
- Online Registration; Fill in your Information To register.
- Upload supporting documents; Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and NWU students starting a new qualification).
- NWU Application fee payments (Note some universities do not charge application fees)
- Submit your completed application: To complete the application; the applicant is required to complete all steps related to the NWU application process.
When to apply at NWU – NWU application dates
Applications open between May and close around August every year. Please try to submit your application as soon as possible. Because some Universities do not consider late applications.
University Application status
NWU Application status
When the NWU updates your application, you will receive email communication. Please Keep on monitoring your email account closely for updates. You can also check your status online with the log-in credentials that were provided after your application. Keep in mind that some universities do not disclose your application status telephonically.
To check the progress of your application through the NWU Online application portal follow these easy steps:
- Go to: NWU Application status
- Fill in the username and password then submit
- Upon successful login to the application portal, you will be able to see your application status (i.e. Pending Review, Requires Action, Complete, Undergraduate Admission Decisions, Pending, Admitted, Cleared Provisional, Admission, Ineligible, Quota Filled Not Selected or Cancelled).
University Admission offers
How to accept NWU admission offer
After a successful application, you will receive an admission offer from the North West University, to accept your NWU offer of admission, log in to the NWU Online application tool and select the “Confirm” tab. You must respond by the expiry date noted in your offer
- To accept the NWU offer visit https://vssweb.nwu.ac.za/ then navigate to “OFFER” and follow the instructions provided in the admission offer by the university.
University Semester Exam Results
Check your NWU semester Results
Checking NWU, Semester exam results can be done through visiting the official NWU website or logging in into the student’s portal through https://www.nwu.ac.za/content/exam-results the click on the Exam Results tab
North West University Website