In this article, you will learn how to tie a tie step by step, how to tie a tie simple, how to tie a tie shirt, how to tie a tie easy.
Whether for business or social occasions, certain ensembles look better with a tie. Located underneath the shirt collar and knotted at the throat, a straight tie brings a level of professionalism and elegance to a suit, vest, or shirt and slacks. Although clip-on ties may seem like the easiest route, hand-tied straight ties are the most attractive option. Knowing how to tie a tie can open up a number of new styles and looks.
Learn how to tie a tie: (The Simple Oriental Knot)
- Drape the tie around your collar with the seam facing inward and the thick end on your left, two or three inches lower than your desired finishing position.
- Bring the thick end horizontally across the front of the narrow end, and then pass it back horizontally behind the narrow end.
- Pass the thick end again across the front of the knot from left to right.
- Now pass the thick end again behind the knot horizontally from right to left.
- Pass the thick end AGAIN across the front of the knot from left to right. Slip a finger under this third horizontal loop.
- Bring the tip of the thick end up underneath the loop around your collar and feed it up behind the knot, down over the front of the knot and through that third horizontal loop.
- Pull the thick end through the horizontal loop and snug it down.
- Adjust the tie by holding the knot in one hand and pulling gently on the narrow end with the other.