How to apply for UIF online: The Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) gives short-term relief to workers when they become unemployed or are unable to work because of maternity, adoption leave, or illness. It also provides relief to the dependants of a deceased contributor.
How to register UIF online | How do I apply for UIF online
To activate your Employee account you need to have the following documents and information available:
- Your valid 13 Digit South African ID number
- Your e-mail address where all correspondence will be emailed
- Cell phone number mandatory
As an online registered Employee, you will be able to securely submit your Application for Benefits (for Unemployment, Reduced Time Benefits, Maternity, Illness and Adoption), to submit Continuation of Benefits and Notice of Appeal.
Contact Details for How to apply for UIF online Inquiries
- Call Centre Operational Hours: 07:30 – 16:00Weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- Email: uFiling@alteram.co.za
- Call: 0800 030 007